Thursday, July 7, 2016

Trip to Ireland!

Logan and I went to Ireland for our summer vacation and anniversary trip. It was AMAZING! We went to Cork, Dublin, and hiked the cliffs of Howth. It was a fast trip but very fun. It was also a lot colder than I expected...I only packed one sweater and definitely regretted that decision. I guess this is why my ancestors immigrated to Texas. Haha.


First stop: Car Rental! Logan's first time driving on the left side of the road...he was a little nervous. 


We made it to the Blarney Castle!










I look cute anywhere! 


Former living room of the Blarney Castle. 


View from the top of the castle. Amazing!





I kissed the Blarney stone!


Logan kissed it too! We both have the luck of the Irish. Although, I am Irish and already had it so now I have double luck. 


The Murder Hole and Logan imitating the signs in the castle. 








We found this awesome tree in the middle of the property and then we decided to climb it.  




Blarney manor. I want to live here.  




Walk on the lake path.



Cue Irish background music.



And we are done and loved every minute of the Blarney Castle!


Ate and drank at this pub called the Franciscan Well. It is actually in an old Franciscan Monastery. Really cool place!


They also had live jazz music and we ended up chatting with the saxophone player for the rest of the evening. Really cool night in Cork!


DUBLIN! Tour of the Guinness storehouse!



Top of the Guinness Storehouse with our pints and a view of downtown Dublin!


St. Patrick's Cathedral



We couldn't go inside, but were so happy to see the outside structure. It was so beautiful.  



Dublin Day 2!


Lunch at a local pub.



MOLLY MALONE STATUE!


Although based on a fictional character, Molly Malone has the infamous anthem of Dublin! 





Dublin Castle!







Trinity College




St. Stephen's Green



We decided to spend our last day doing a hike on the cliffs of Howth. This is a small town just north of Dublin. We stopped for some local fish and chips for lunch. YUMMY!





Some locals diving off the rocks in 60 degree temperature. 


The views were unbelievable!


The hike was about 3 hours long but totally worth it!






Goodbye Ireland! We will miss you!












1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love all of your pictures! You and Logan are so cute, and Ireland is beautiful! Bryan and I couldn't get over how awesome it looks! I love the pictures of just you as well! So pretty! And your hair in a braid is cute! I'm so glad y'all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete